Prepared for the many faces of Mother Nature
We take safety and preparedness seriously. It’s not by chance that our Residential Living, Assisted
- All of our Residential Living apartment homes are equipped with an urgent response system
- Our Communications desk is staffed 24-hours a day with staff members that will promptly send help to your apartment home if needed
- Security, maintenance and nursing staff are all radio-linked to ensure a prompt response
- Centrally-monitored fire alarms, smoke detectors and sprinklers are found throughout the entire community and are regularly tested and maintained
Also, Village On The Isle takes major storm and hurricane safety to a new level. In the event a storm threatens the Gulf Coast of Florida, we implement precautions and protect our residents, staff members, and resident pets. All those who reside and work here can feel safe and secure knowing we are prepared to weather any storm.
- Our resident services go on uninterrupted 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
We focus on your safety and protection by implementing a variety of additional and ongoing precautionary measures:
- Developing and distributing planning materials and conducting educational sessions with residents and staff annually about Major Storm Readiness procedures and response.
- Hardening our buildings, designing with hurricane-rated concrete structures and impact-resistant glass.
- Hurricane shutters are also installed on certain balconies and lanais.
- Managing our building rooftops to meet the stringent hurricane code requirements, exceeding 120 miles per hour or greater winds.
- Improving our Emergency Power Plan to offer every building greater safety and comfort during a utility power outage.
- Equipping our health care buildings with 100% emergency power for up to four days in the event of a major disruption in utility power.
- Collaborating with local city and county government about our readiness plan. Village On The Isle is designated as a priority campus for utility restoration in the event of a power outage.
- Careful planning of food and drinking water supplies for all residents and staff for everyone’s maximum comfort before, during and after a storm.
- Performing an annual voluntary evacuation drill for residents and staff to an off-site, hotel-like retreat center in the event we should ever be required to evacuate.
For more information, please call