Safety & Preparedness
Prepared for the many faces of Mother Nature is a priority at Village On The Isle.
We take safety and preparedness seriously. It’s not by chance that our Residential Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care Support, and Skilled Nursing communities are safe and secure places. We plan carefully and work hard so that you can enjoy every day worry-free. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that:
- All of our Residential Living apartment homes are equipped with an urgent response system designed to alert staff 24 hours a day
- In the event of an emergency, residents are always encouraged to call "911" first as staff will respond promptly to provide support until the paramedics arrive
- Our Security is staffed 24-hours a day that will promptly send help to your residence
- Security, maintenance, and nursing staff are radio-linked to ensure a prompt response
- We use centrally monitored fire alarms, smoke detectors, and sprinklers throughout the entire community and our equipment is tested regularly and updated as needed for your peace of mind
Also, Village On The Isle takes major storm and hurricane safety to a new level. In the event a storm threatens the Gulf Coast of Florida, we implement precautions and safeguards to protect residents, staff members, and our loving pets. All those who live and work here can feel safe and secure, knowing we are prepared to weather most major storms.
- Our resident services go on uninterrupted 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
We focus on your safety and protection by implementing a variety of additional and ongoing precautionary measures:
- Developing and distributing planning materials and conducting educational sessions with residents and staff annually about Major Storm Readiness procedures and response.
- Hardening our buildings, designing with hurricane-rated concrete structures, and impact-resistant glass.
- Hurricane shutters are also installed on certain balconies and lanais.
- Managing our building rooftops to meet the stringent hurricane code requirements, exceeding 120 miles per hour or greater winds.
- Improving our Emergency Power Plan to offer every building greater safety and comfort during a utility power outage.
- Equipping our health care buildings with 100% emergency power for up to four days in the event of a major disruption in utility power.
- Collaborating with local city and county government about our readiness plan. Village On The Isle is designated as a priority campus for utility restoration in the event of a power outage.
- Careful planning of food and drinking water supplies for all residents and staff for everyone’s maximum comfort before, during and after a storm.
For more information, please call (941) 202-4451 or click here to contact us online.