Just as safety is one of your biggest concerns and number one priorities for you and your family, it is also ours here at Village On The Isle. We take your safety very seriously. Our assisted living, independent living and skilled nursing community work very hard at providing a safe & secure environment so that you have peace of mind while enjoying this retirement community in sunny Venice, FL.
All of our independent living apartment homes are equipped with an emergency call system in addition to being able to just knock the phone off the hook. Our central dispatch area is staffed 24-hours per day with professionals that will send help if needed to your apartment home rapidly. Security, maintenance and medical people are all radio linked to ensure a rapid response. Fire alarms, smoke detectors and sprinklers are found throughout Village On The Isle and are checked for maintenance regularly.
Village On The Isle takes hurricane safety to a new level. In the event a storm threatens the Gulf Coast of Florida, we implement our plans to protect the residents and staff members of Village On The Isle. Our Resident Services go on Un-interrupted 24 Hours a day/7 days a week. All that live and work here at Village On The Isle can feel safe and secure knowing we are prepared to weather any storm.
Here are some of the precautions we have in place to ensure our residents are in a secure environment:
- Our roofs have recently been upgraded to withstand 120 mile per hour winds.
- All of our A/C Units are anchored and meet Miami Dade Hurricane standards.
- 6 large emergency generators (3 on natural gas, 1 on diesel fuel and 2 bi-fueled)
- 8 portable generators
- Carports and walkways designed to handle 140+mph winds
- Emergency food stocks and drinking water supply
- LP fueled emergency cooking equipment
- Hurricane Resistant steel shutters for resident apartment homes
- Yearly “Live Practice Drill” in May– 3 day trip for residents where we “evacuate”to Leesburg, FL
- Experienced & highly trained management team with long term years of service.
- Full Time Risk Manager on site. Safety is never ignored and is a daily operation at Village On The Isle.
- Surveillance cameras located at various spots throughout the campus to monitor guests, suspicious persons and prevent residents from being in areas deemed unsafe.